Our nursery uses high quality, peat free compost for all stock grown on site.
Reducing carbon footprint
- We source stocks locally as far as possible to reduce the carbon footprint. We also source British grown plants as far as possible.
Reduced road miles and ecofriendly van
- Our policy is to group several orders for delivery by van to minimise the number of trips we make.
- We source from local suppliers wherever we can.
Fertilisers and chemicals
- Our container fertilisers are biodegradable and highly targeted, and we take measures to prevent fertiliser leaching into the ground.
- We minimise the use of chemicals for controlling pests and diseases, and use biological controls where effective.
- We implement biosecurity protocols to minimise the risk of spread of infectious diseases.
- We only source plants from nurseries that have high standards of security, and choose local suppliers wherever possible.
- Our stock is regularly checked for diseases.
Reducing use of paper
We do not print a catalogue. Our catalogue is available online.
Efficient use of water
We use Efford bed system extensively used throughout our nursery is a highly effective way of keeping our plants watered and healthy. We don’t waste water soaking leaves – the plants take up water directly from the growing bed.
We are mindful of how our staff work wear is made. Where we can, we wear organic cotton clothing.